So my family adopted another cat. Her name is Sparkle and she is precious. She was a super shy cat and my Mom pretty much just felt sorry for her... after a week of letting my Dad get used to the idea, we adopted her! The first night she slept on my bed with me. This past week she has explored the top floor! It is so encouraging to hear that she is doing well.
This whole experience makes me even more excited to adopt my own kitty in the near future. Here is the plan: I have no idea what is going to happen, but I do know that I will be living on my own either starting this summer, or for sure this fall. When I move into my own place, I plan on adopting a kitty. I can see coming home, snuggling up with kitty and watching the news, or reading a book, or drinking hot cocoa, or all the above... simultaneously...
I want a cat who will snuggle with me and play on occasion. I would like a sociable cat who will also enjoy the company of guests.
Oh yes, as long as I am discussing moving into my own place, I should throw this in here. So, with my own place, I am going to have to buy my own stuff. I will have to buy my own bed, dresser, couches, etc. So, my Mom and I have started getting ideas from places. Most recently, we went to Z Gallery at Gateway. We were just looking for ideas... and it was really fun to think that in a few months we are going to be going shopping to buy things! I am getting an idea of what I like and what I don't like. I know acquiring "stuff" will take time (and money) but I am ready to start!
In the future, my Mom and I plan on scoping out RCWilley and IKEA. At this point, I wouldn't mind buying stuff right now, so it isn't just a blow later on... but that would mean it would have to stay in my parent's house... My Dad is always trying to get me to throw stuff away, so if I brought stuff to store, I don't think he would be very happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment